Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 14:46:18 +0000
I won't repeat the points others have raised in response...but I would like to
challenge one assumption -- that operators have an advantage over
builder+operators.

In the US, a growing number of hams are living in communities where antennas
are severely restricted or prohibited.

In general, I'd think that a person who owns/builds their own home station has
a distinct advantage over folks who need to go elsewhere (either physically or
via remote control).

In radiosport, there is no perfect, "fair" contest.  Once you accept that, quit
stressing, and move on, contests are a lot more fun.  Everybody who gets on and
makes as many contacts as they can given their circumstances is a winner.
--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org