Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 13:29:08 +0000
Given this thread, and the talk about the challenge of maintaining an online
database of contest stations, an idea just occurred to me:

What about a station-building/station-design contest?   Entrants would enter by
sending photos or a video and a writeup describing station layout, cabling,
antenna setup, etc. to be judged by a panel of (non-entrant) experts.

Judging criteria and entry classifications would need to be worked out, of
course.

But it would be one way to address the concerns/interests of those who think
station-building is an underrepresented skill in contesting, as well as
providing plenty of eye-candy for little guys like me to oogle.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org