Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 03:54:14 +0000
You know, for one of my radios, there is a piece of CAT6 cable that connects
the control unit (into which I plug paddles, headphones, and on rare occasions
a mic) with the main body of the transceiver.

I'm pretty comfortable saying that the operation of that radio when the CAT6
cable is 1 meter long is almost indistinguishable from the operation of that
radio when the CAT6 cable is effectively 1000 kilometers long.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org

-----Original Message de EI5DI -----

Here are two irrefutable facts about (almost) all remote operation.

1. Remote operators are at all times communicating over
    the internet.

2. Without the internet, there would be no communications
    whatsoever with other operators.

Those who claim that remote operation is exactly the same as "hands-on"
operation are in denial of those two facts.

Please refer to
www.ei5di.com/sdremote.html and
www.ei5di.com/hunting1.html

There's no more to be said :-)