Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 21:52:15 -0400
On 9/10/2016 9:47 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:

They are not radio amateurs, they are hybrid-communications
amateurs.

Mike asks - Is there supposed to be some sort of "shame"
attached to operating remotely?

The answer is "Yes, because you're on the internet".

Just for the sake of argument, let's say I'm sitting in front of my radio, but lost my proper mic cable. But just by luck I have an internet link to the radio, so I go ahead and run the contest that way.

Should I be ashamed?

-Steve K8LX