Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:12:10 -0500
> You say  "To establish RBN analysis as a reliable means of determining power
> cheating — were it even possible — would require extensive, controlled
> experimentation" which I read - "we do not have reliable means of determining
> power cheating yet". Does it mean we give up and let it blossom?

I didn't say that, did I? What I am saying is the RDXC method is far from
beyond reproach, and that if we are to develop means of detecting cheating,
it's going to take a whole lot more than examining the RBN data of one contest.

But beyond the absurdity of the RDXC decision, do we really want a situation
where to be competitive, nobody can be barefoot?

Is that really going to serve the contesting committee at large, or only the
narrow interest of those at the top?

Why not eliminate all classes entirely, so the only people who win are those
with mega multi-multi stations?

73, kelly, ve4xt