Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: Bob Henderson <bob.5b4agn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: Jeff Kinzli N6GQ <jeff@n6gq.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 07:01:46 -0700
Sounds bogus to me. As so many others have suggested, this judgement
implies that RDXC has done full analysis of yours and others QTHs,
feed systems, antennas, antenna interactions, etc., etc. Heck, just
the local terrain in your nearfield has the potential to swing your
signal 10-20dB or more, which can also be time-variant given angles at
different times of the band opening. Also operator skill (or lack
thereof in comparisons) surely plays a huge role in what one works in
a contest.

I call BS on the part of the RDXC, very sad to see what looks like
corruption in the ranks. One has to wonder who benefits from this
decision, i.e. follow the money.

Argh. I'm sorry to see this, Bob.

de N6GQ