Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 11:22:32 -0500
Of course, the sponsor is not required to reply here.  I believe the comment
was meant to state that they have not replied satisfactorily to anyone,
anywhere.  They have not answered much from Bob's direct email, per Bob.  I
also wrote them directly with no reply.  And of course, this is a rather major
and relevant forum.  This is all consistent with my past personal experience.
When an answer is received, it consist of nothing except restating a
conclusion.  No refuting of facts, no clarification, no justification.  I made
no big public outcry at the time because the issue seemed limited to me and
some log details specific to me.  This feels like a bigger issue.

Of course this is entertainment.  The group is discussing its interest in this
entertainment based on its perceived quality and the sponsor's interest in
supporting the views of participants.  That is valid.

And while the sponsor can run the contest as they like, and we can join or
boycott as we like, using the contest as a result for something like WRTC
implies a level of "meta use" consistent with "meta supervision", outside RDXC,
on how it is run.  We are due an explanation all the more, and if not
forthcoming, it is reasonable for us to ask for discontinuation of the "meta
use".

I am trying very hard to make the cut for WRTC2016, and working every
qualifying contest I can.  But after what I experienced in RDXC 2015, this is
the one contest I purposely passed on in 2016.  I will continue to avoid it.

73,
Drew K3PA

Message: 4