Re: [CQ-Contest] DXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 09:22:32 -0600
CQWW does not toss out all instances where contacts cannot be confirmed. They were able to determine via many ways that the claimed contacts were not made in the recent case. It was not just because he was the only station found to work those people.

If you are the only person to work loads of people and mults that nobody else has raises a big flag. For RDXC just to toss out all contacts that cannot be cross checked seems extreme and they do not say that in the rules.

Yes they should tell you that in the rules. It would save people time for searching for people not in the contest that are not going to count anyway.

In the end all contest committees can pretty much do what they want as the rules say so, however they way they handle these things can have a significant impact on participation in future events.

It is debatable if RBN could be used at all to identify power abusers. I can think of a number of ways to throw off the numbers from the start which would make it even more difficult to make solid conclusions based on RBN data.

I think we all agree that if a system is available or can be hashed out that would work, we would welcome it, but I think that would need approval from the participants.

W0MU