Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-register to Play (Was: DXC Entry Reclassified to Hi

To: kzerohb@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-register to Play (Was: DXC Entry Reclassified to High Power)
From: "ve4xt@mymts.net" <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 09:14:06 -0500
Hi all,

I would add one thought to Hans's:

On any given contest weekend, we do not own the bands. Nor do organizers. We
cannot compel non-participants to maintain radio silence, nor can we compel
them to not play casually in the contest. The bands belong to everyone and
everyone has the right to answer any CQ they wish.

From our perspective, Sunday doldrums in some contests are bad enough now,
imagine how bad it will be if you can only work the limited number of stations
who pre-register.

Furthermore, if anti-contest sentiment is bad now, imagine how bad it will be
if we start telling non-registrants to sod off.

While Igor might be correct in saying removing Qs that can't be
cross-referenced eliminates log padding, the cost to the contest, to contesting
and to amateur radio is greater than the benefit. Also, CQ did not need such a
limitation to catch the most famous example of log padding, did it?

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPad