[CQ-Contest] QSLing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSLing
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 06:44:36 -0500
Hi Julio,

I was of the same opinion until recently, but after seeing the bureau return rate dwindle to around 5%, and the increase in postal costs, I changed my mind.

LOTW and eQSL then added an interest in awards. Contests got in as well.

As Yogi Berra said: If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.

73 and HNY.

Vince, VA3VF

I fully agree with you Hans and it doesn't upset me either but what the LoTW
cheerleaders don't seem to be able to comprehend is that their beloved
online tool cannot replace cards for the simple reason that not all of us
are awards chasers, I enjoy collecting paper QSLs and have zero interest in
DXCC, WAZ or any other paper award hence to me LoTW and eQSL are useless.

Happy New Year!
Julio VE3FH