Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:21:25 -0600
Oh, yes, I remember that! I was also in that group. That's when I got my
current callsign.

My old friend and Elmer W9RCJ ("Ragtime Cowboy Joe" - now an SK) told me
that the original holder of the W9SZ call died at Pearl Harbor and the call
was then re-issued to a ham in Lansing, IL. I'm the third holder of the
call.

73, Zack W9SZ