Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:23:09 -0700
What someone had common sense?  No way!  HI!

I got licensed in 1978, so I missed that window and had to wait till the vanity program. I can't recall anymore if W0MU was my 1st choice but I don't think so. I want to say it was my 4th?

My first taste of contesting was the novice round up which lasted 7 days or more. I have the certificate around someplace that I got. I recall battling it out with another young ham at the time we were both around 13. Good times.

W0MU