Re: [CQ-Contest] disruptive event in 1977 (was: call sign history)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] disruptive event in 1977 (was: call sign history)
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 00:12:31 -0500 (EST)
Hi John,

Prior to 1977, personal communication with FCC staffers not
uncommonly resulted in favorable outcomes if the request didn't
violate FCC rules and required little or no extra effort. That
changed after the 1977 conviction when strict adherence to new
systematic callsign assignment rules became mandatory.

My story is nearly identical to yours when I was required to
change my callsign in 1974 when my move to Maryland became
permanent. There was no request for money, nor was it offered
or exchanged.

73
Frank
W3LPL