Re: [CQ-Contest] TTT as an exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TTT as an exchange
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 20:50:52 -0500
The rules say

4.2. DX stations send signal report and power (number or abbreviation indicating approximate transmitter output power).

But I doubt anyone really checks other than they sent something. People have been sending 99 or NN for years. Are they really running 99 watts out? Maybe TTT is supposed to mean 1000. Personally I just put down what they sent and don't worry about it. The log checkers will figure out what to do. There was an earlier remark in another thread (may not have been in this group) that the checkers can handle the cut numbers in the log.

If I sent 100 for low power and then part way through the contest decide I will change to high power and turn on the amp I can't very well go back and change the log so the 100 has to remain. I would probably continue to send 100 but would just make sure I changed my power class to high power before submitting the log.

73, Larry W6NWS