Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot
From: Juan Hidalgo EA8RM <ea8cac@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:29:14 +0000
"""In CW contests, RBN and private skimmers will automatically pick you up and
spot you on the cluster networks, courtesy of W3LPL and others. This is
essentially the same as self-spotting because nobody has to work you for
you to be spotted, and as soon as you are detected by one of these robots
(RBN or skimmer) you are automatically put on the cluster.""""

This is quite interesting, talking about unfair.....
Uncommon  DXCC countries are usually spotted in this way, specially OC, AS, SA,
Africa.

It is quite frustrating when you're running in a contest and every 10 minutes
there are spots from other countries of your continent but you don't !!!

Example:  ALL African stations are spotted in this way EXCEPT EA8 !!!

The EA8s are banned from the system I don't know why, but it is very easy to
check.

I trough to qualify to WRTC, I miss some log and I didn't work all time all
contest, but all these things are by my fault but there it is another
circumstances.....I check how ALL other stations from AF are automatically
spotted every 10 min and no EA8 stations are spotted.
It is this self-spotting?
It is this CQoIP?
Should them be DQ?

For me it is just unfair, we haven't all the same opportunities to be spotted.
We have to be all or no one, but no few ones, in this way it is UNFAIR.

73 !!

Enviado desde mi iPhone