Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:17:04 -0500
There is confusion on what people mean when they say "spot".

1)      I am looking at DX Summit and I don't see myself spotted.  Reason,
RBN is not directly tied into DX Summit.  W3LPL is a robot with filters that
picks up RBN "spots" and re-spots them on DX Summit.  But only does so on
certain DXCC countries.  Not sure which.

2)      I am looking at a cluster node and immediately see myself spotted.
That's because the cluster node is getting direct feeds from the RBN.

Why isn't DX Summit directly getting RBN spots?  No idea.

I hope this settles the confusion.

73

Ed  N1UR