Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:07:01 -0900
In contesting and baseball, I'm waaaaay conservative, but ..I gotta give a big
thumbs up to this one.  I was on for CQWW 160M SSB.  As you can imagine, 160M
Phone is a tough one from KL7, so wasn't expecting anything big, and the first
night was a total loss.  Second night had 120 or soQs, of which 117 came on
runs after being spotted.  Another way of putting it is, in 10 Hours of
operating, I had 120Qs in about 2 hours, 10 or so in the other 8 (all of this
at night during times the band was at least somewhat open).  I was very close
to asking someone to spot me (and then submitting just a check log), since I
knew I wasn't going to have a big result, but was trying to give the Zone 1
Mult to anyone I could.

73
Steve KL7SB