Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC
From: Martin Durham <W1md@W1md.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 01:29:51 +0000
That's not using two frequencies?? A good SO2R is cqing on one freq and either
dueling CQs on a second freq or working multi. If time right transmits and
receives make this a finely choreographed dance. Absolutely SO2R is using twice
the spectrum that a SO1R is using.

Marty
W1MD

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 9:21 PM, Barry <w2up@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> SO2R ops aren't using two freqs.  They are CQing on one and answering
> stations on another freq already in use by someone else.
>
> Barry W2UP
>
>> On 3/13/2017 14:59, Martin Durham wrote:
>> Not the issue. SO2R wouldn't be on a second frequency if it were not
>> producing contacts.
>>
>> SO2R operators have twice the spectrum use of SO1R.
>>
>> THAT is the advantage. Why do multi ops exists?  To sit on a frequency
>> calling CQ into dead air??
>>
>> I've been doing multi operator contests for over 30 years.
>>
>> Marty
>> W1MD
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2017, at 4:55 PM, Ria Jairam
>> <rjairam@gmail.com<mailto:rjairam@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>  Not necessarily since propagation varies widely within that space.
>>
>> Ria
>> N2RJ
>> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM Martin Durham
>> <W1md@w1md.net<mailto:W1md@w1md.net>> wrote:
>> Hmmmmmm
>>
>> What if you look at the spectrum as 1.8 - 30mhz. One station cq'ing on two
>> frequencies is using twice the spectrum.  Regardless of the 'band' you are
>> on. Riiiight??  :)
>>
>> SO2R operators effectively get to use twice the spectrum that SO1R operators
>> use...right?
>>
>> Marty
>> W1MD
>>
>>> On Mar 13, 2017, at 4:40 PM, Ria Jairam
>>> <rjairam@gmail.com<mailto:rjairam@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Some bands are more limited in space than others.
>>> 40m - 75kHz
>>> 20m - 200kHz
>>> 15m -  250kHz