Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC

To: Martin Durham <W1md@W1md.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC
From: "Alan M. Eshleman" <doctore@well.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
I've always maintained that SO2R and SO1R should be entirely different
categories.  Whenever I bring this up, the mandarins of radio sport are quick
to argue that they should be allowed to compete in the same classifications as
SO1R because "it takes practice to get good at SO2R".  No doubt that's true,
but it's also specious.  SO2R takes money, practice, and real estate.  Let
those that have the resources compete among themselves and let those that don't
do likewise.

73, Alan (some of my best friends operate SO2R) K6SRZ