Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC

To: sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PJ4G ARRL DX SSB Recording by N2IC
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:56:03 -0400
My comment was aimed more at "we have to merge SO/SOA so cheaters can't
cheat."

There was cheating some years ago where a "SO2R" operator was actually
suspected to actually have a 2nd operator and reclassified/DQed (can't
remember which). So to eliminate this, we should take the incentive to
cheat away by segregating SO2R into multiop.

Of course, that won't happen.

But I hear the drumbeat of "We have to merge, we have to merge, cheaters
are coming!" and I don't like it one bit,

Things sound ridiculous when we take them to extremes.

We don't notice until our way of operating is affected.

Ria
N2RJ