Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW LCR's and log scrubbing

To: "'Ria Jairam'" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW LCR's and log scrubbing
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:03:28 -0300
I bet if I was to download a large enough sampling from CQWW SSB 2016
contesters open logs, (and knew what to do with it) I might find other W, VE ,
DL & I’s (common mults) lost the same rare M-S, M-2 Carib mults.

All I have is a very small sampling from a few of my local guys. I know my way
around a computer but wouldn’t know how to really analyze the data.

There should be some kind of thing built into the CQWW’s log checking software
to flag a large number of NIL’s of the same (rare) M-S station.

Whether there is or not, I don’t know.  Probably not.

If there was such a thing, if 500 people who submitted logs were reported not
to be in the log of HI4XXX, then that should make someone at CQ(WW) sit up and
say “hmmmmm”, what is HI4XXX up to; that can’t be right!

(HI4XXX is a completely ficticious callsign)

A number of you found out TO7A……..someone good with computers, spreadsheets and
whatnot who has that type of skills could potentially do the same with  the
open logs of everyone, then some of the rarer Multi-Single type stations and
prove one way or another if I am way out in left field or my observation has
any validity.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB