Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Filters

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Filters
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:46:03 +0300
Hi all,
I am happy we are bringing up new ideas.

To filter spots, we need to start at thinking what do we want to accomplish.
What features we are after.

-we want to know where the mults are (done)
   -we want to know where the double mults are (done)

-we want to know where the QSOs are (done)
   -we want to know where the 3 point QSO is (missing currently)

-we want to know if we have propagation to area by spots
  ..we kind of have this
   ..but information is hidden deeper than the separation of
      1 and 3 point QSOs
--to estimate propagation: use a forecast
--to know propagation: live RBN report of our own S/N in target area
--live reports if the spotted station is heard by own or a close-by RBN
--live reports if the spotted station logs someone we have specified
   as a peer to follow
--live reports if any of the specified peers are calling the spotted station

..just to bring up some thoughts that are possible to implement today..

 73,
Jukka OH6LI

Then we can get to thinking what data we need, or what variables we need.

After that we can think about optimizing, setting priorities and heling the
operator to maximize the station score creating capability.