Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.
From: Bill Feidt <w.b.feidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 10:51:08 -0400
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Barry <w2up@comcast.net> wrote:

He said T Mobile, but was using something called Wifi connect or wifi
> call.  I'm not familiar with it, but it apparently permits calls, texting,
> and data over wifi where a cellular signal isn't available.

If you have a phone capable of it (not all are), you can make regular
telephone calls and send text messages through a WiFi connection.  Your
calls and texts would still be subject to normal tariffs, although for most
customers these would be included in the regular monthly payment.  For
data, there would be no point in using the T-Mobile network.  You'd just
use the WiFi connection proper.

73,

Bill/NG3K