Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 10:19:47 -0400
It's not always true but it is *mostly* true. Especially in the North East,
and generally East-ish (I guess Ohio is sorta the midwest but more East).

T-Mobile and Sprint simply do not have the amount of spectrum licenses and
POPs that Verizon and AT&T have. That is a fact.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/2016-how-much-lte-spectrum-do-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-and-sprint-have-and-where

However, you'll find that there are local variations. But generally red and
blue tend to outperform Purple and yellow.

I carry devices for 3 carriers (2 personal, one work, different types of
devices) - Verizon, ATT, TMobile. Verizon has coverage in most places that
I go, followed by ATT, followed by TMobile.

There are of course regional variations. I have found that ATT tends to do
better in TX (DFW, SAT, AUS). In Metro Atlanta I found that TMobile did
surprisingly well. In NYC/NJ Verizon does better than the rest. They've
caught up some but not completely.

73
Ria, N2RJ

>>> aj3m@arrl.net