Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, "Pete Smith N4ZR" <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.
From: "Jamie WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 12:57:44 -0400
when you are standing in a cattle show arena, and someone mentions how much cleaner it is than Hara, you know you're in a better place......

when you are in a rabbit barn, and someone mentions how much brighter it is than Hara, you know you made the right choice......

I thought it was great.....most of the vendors I talked to like it much better.....they had more room......

the only negatives:

driving there Friday was horrible, took 1.5 hours to go the last 1.5 miles !!!! I heard they fixed it Saturday though.... building 6 (actually a huge tent) was dark, and being outdoors, the floor was subject to runoff.... near fist-i-cuffs between the men exercising the horses and those trying to cross the track and get into the flea market (although it would have been a great facebook video!!!!)

but I thought it was great, hats off to the committees that made it happen, realizing they pretty much started from the ground up, I think they did a remarkable job, the town of Xenia, is quaint and clean, very nice, short drive (well, mileage anyway) from downtown Dayton...the forum rooms were huge, well lit, great chairs (and lots of them).....good food, even though the lines were long at lunch......

but Dayton for me will always be about the suites, and gathering in the rooms, and the dinners, and the general camaraderie, even friendly disagreements between fellow amateurs.....seeing the blend of old and new , the pizza snacks sponsored by the various contest clubs.....as long as that never changes, I'll happily go back again and again.....

-----Original Message----- From: Pete Smith N4ZR