[CQ-Contest] CM79 Next Weekend for ARRL VHF

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "nccc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nccc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CM79 Next Weekend for ARRL VHF
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 16:59:13 -0700
W6JTI, supported by K6EU and K9YC, plans to activate CM79. Activity will be CW only, and Frank is a superb CW op, quite well skilled at picking fly specs out of band noise. This is a very remote location, at the end of a 2 mile hike with 1,000 ft of elevation gain, no cell coverage. We could still use some help getting gear up and down the trail.

The current plan is to set up before the contest starts, and leave Sunday in time to get down the trail with daylight to spare. To minimize the load, only Frank is planning to sleep there. BTW -- the reason for CW only is that we'd have to drag a computer and batteries. And SSB is useless for weak signals.

I plan to hang out at Frank's QTH, which is close enough that we can talk on 2M FM, and I can coordinate with Ping Jockey and ON4KST. Other suggestions about where we should coordinate are appreciated.

We will be at the grid corner, so can pass out those QSOs for those who need them.

Please spread the word.

73, Jim K9YC