Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboards
From: Victor Androsov <victor.androsov@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 21:58:25 -0400
Hi guys,

We just started a new alternative project (COSB Contest Online Score
Board): https://contestonlinescore.com/.

The main point is designing an open HAM community trusted server with the
following policies:

- There are no blacklists like some other projects
- It's an  international team driving project with a code shared between
team members.
- We wish to keep on constant working with HAM community. Means adding,
removing new features in accordance with a HAM community feedback.
- We;d like this server to serve not only the major contests but a lot of
small local communities' events as well. The goal is to cover almost all
the contests as much as possible.

Technical features:

- Today we support Win-Test, N1MM+, Writelog and DXlog.net loggers. We are
going to extend this list shortly.
- Our board is serving multiple contests simultaneously ( for example AA DX
CW Contest, Ukrainian DX Classic RTTY Contest,Stew Perry Topband Challenge
and some other contests in the same time). The same call could be used for
different contest scores in the same day.
- It's a high security server. All the client server communications are
going over SSL. We have implemented McAfee security scanner on the server.
All the passwords are stored by using strong one-way hashing algorithm.
- Simple as possible online score result table with an optimized minimal
number of tools
- User defined contests. Every user could create a new contest and to
invite friends to join to a kind of "small village" mini contest. (** This
feature is planned for the Phase 2)
- The "petite chambres" (or private rooms) option. Imagine if some local
club guys want to run a team competition and they wish to limit access to
their scores only for some group members requiring a PIN code. (** This
feature is planned for the Phase 2).

Please join the project. It's fully functional. And we need your feedback.
Any comments are welcome.

73!

Victor

VA2WA / VA2WDQ