Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:53:42 -0700
I strongly disagree with this provision of the new rules, the essence of which is to discourage remote contest operation of US stations by those without a US license. The local "control operator" contributes nothing to operation of the station.

Compare this, for example, to me turning my station over to a local guest operator. That doesn't make the operation multi unless someone else does something during the contest besides make coffee.

Perhaps this rule is the result of some sort of compromise between opposing factions. Whatever the reason, I think they got it wrong.

73, Jim K9YC