Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:29:26 -0400
Oh, boy.  Do we really need another online argument about this one?

I do not favor combining SO & SO/A categories.

I am aware that many do.

IMHO, having operated at times under one category or another, the strategies
and operating methods and such of the two are different enough that a true
apples-to-apples comparison can be difficult.  Looking at the top score in
one contest over the years is an interesting data point, but in and of
itself does not provide sufficient information.  Bragging rights, of course,
are another story, but that's not exactly imperical data.

That aside, I'm sure that when the appropriate Powers That Be for a given
contest decide that they no longer feel having the two categories separate
are appropriate, they will combine them without any further input from us
little pistols and squirt guns.  So there's really no point in arguing about
it.

73, ron w3wn