Re: [CQ-Contest] Ideal monitor size

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ideal monitor size
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:18:04 -0700
One thing to realize is that the monitor world is changing. We are now moving
from 1920 by 1040 screen size (and larger) to 4K (double the width and height).
The computer usually sets this up as a standard size monitor, but it can be
configured to give much higher resolution (3840 by 2080 in the 1920 by 1040
example). This means a lot more things on the screen at the expense of smaller
items (half the size depending on the resolution setting). I now have an LG 27
inch 4K monitor set up for 3840 by 2160. That gives me a lot of space for
N1MM’s windows and accessories and is quite readable at that resolution.

4K monitors are still more expensive at this point, but the prices are coming
down rapidly making them very much worth looking at for our uses.

- Jack, W6FB