Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?

To: billamader@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:09:26 +0700
Radios and prices
TS-590SG  $1400
IC-7300      1250
FT-1200      1100
FT-3000      1800
FT-5000MP ltd  3840.+scope
K3 loaded    5500+-

By Universal Radio prices, the Sherwood list would have you a TS-590SG and
you just do without the extras the $400 more bought on the FT-3000.  Both
are ok for contesting in a normal ham environment.

Ham radio prejudices are very fickle.  When the FT-1000MP was sold, it was
"the rig to have".... it is still around and still "that good."  Now it is
the K3.

I say buy what you can afford AND LIKE.  Ignore prejudices and enjoy what
pleases you.  An ordinary ham, like me, cant hear phase noise nor a big %
of other stuff.

Charly

Note that Universal Radio has no price listed for the FT-5000 nor 9000. --
does this mean a new model on the horizon? See HRO.

Charly, HS0ZCW