Re: [CQ-Contest] Quick Sweepstakes Question

To: "'Dave Edmonds'" <dave@pkministrywebs.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Quick Sweepstakes Question
From: "Tom Hammond" <thammond@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 09:16:56 -0500
Ty,

I would argue (I am arguing) that you could switch your precedence as often
as you want in SS. Run QRP "Q" on even hours and low power "A" on odd hours,
or whatever you want. The key is to log exactly what you sent. When it comes
to your log submission, you must enter your log in the highest power
category you used. "Q" is 5 watts OR LESS. "A" is 150 watts OR LESS
(including QRP).

It would be unfair of you, and considered cheating if you ran 100 watts at
any point in the contest but submitted your log in the QRP category. On the
other hand, you can submit your log in the low power category (A) and run 1
watt the entire time, if you so choose.

The key is to not penalize others during log checking. If you sent Q, others
will log their Q's with you as Q. Logs are compared against others one QSO
at a time. They don't look at your submission category when comparing logs.

Now, is it normal practice to change your precedence during a contest? No!
However, I don't see why you couldn't submit a log in the proper category
that contains Q's with multiple precedence.

You will have to submit your log via the ARRL SS email address (CW or
Phone), because the web-based log submission robot will review your log upon
submission and reject it if the precedence doesn't match the submitted
category.

Tom
K8BKM