Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Contest Committee comments on audio recordings (wa

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Contest Committee comments on audio recordings (was MM3AWD)
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 09:51:21 -0500
Interesting thread.

I often worry about the example of the contesters who go to a fun location
in the Carribean for a "let's have fun and get on the radio" operation,
and, for whatever reason, do very well (say top 3), but they don't record.
I think this could happen to a lot of people.

Given the current scenario -- I don't think they would have to.   It looks
like the committee takes every precaution to ensure they give deference to
the operator.    With multiple SDRs, QSOs will be heard.  Radio is magic --
but it is also
science.

So, if you are above board, you have a clean rep, and you make a great
score -- in many cases, you might not need a recording.   However, if you
are going all-out for a win, it only makes sense to record.  It's not that
hard.

73,

Gerry W1VE