Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting 10 years from now (2007)

To: Sterling Coffey <kawfey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting 10 years from now (2007)
From: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 21:41:06 +0000
“Technicians will get active contesting on their new bands, to the chagrin
of many established operators.”

Techs already have a ticket to the biggest contests today on 40, 80, 15 and
10 meters. Why don’t we hear more of them on? Even if you say “CW Is hard”
I hear tons of South American ops on 10 meters phone every contest. It may
not be open to Europe or Asia but it’s definitely open to central and South
America and the caribbean.

Bear in mind as well that the current ARRL proposal has very contest
unfriendly segments and no privileges on the most popular contest band - 20
meters. Unless of course you think they will eventually get access to more
favorable segments.

Ria
N2RJ