Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates for ARRL DX - a great motivator for new co

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates for ARRL DX - a great motivator for new contesters
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 22:38:43 -0400
Sorry Mike, I disagree.

If someone does not wish a cert mailed, that's fine.  Use the CERTIFICATES NO
option then, it's easy enough to implement.

But given the relatively small cost of mailing out a few certs, I don't see a
major cost savings by dropping them.

It may seem otherwise to the grizzled veterans on this reflector, but outside
of this realm, I think you'll find more than a few souls who would be happy to
keep getting those certs.

Now even so, it should be easy enough to implement a "reprint" option for those
who wish to download a cert, be it from a current contest or an old one.  I
don't see an issue with enabling an option to do so.  But not as an "either/or"
situation.

As the young whippersnapper said to Dottie Henson, "Can't we do both?"

73, ron w3wn