[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX High QSO Rate Records

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX High QSO Rate Records
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:39:22 -0400
An announcement and a request.

The high QSO rates for CQ WPX SSB/CW logs are now available at
https://www.cqwpx.com/rates/

The QSO rates are calculated from the available logs (2008-2017). QSOs are
counted before dupes and before log checking. We look for the highest QSO
count within a 60-minute period in the log. While a log may have several
high rate periods, only the highest one is shown in the results.

The QSO Rates page allows you to look at highest rates by category, by
continent, and by country. A search function allows you to search for an
entry callsign and see the highest rates found for that call.

With the extra effort of copying the serial number for each QSO, the WPX
rates are generally not as high as seen in other contests such as CQ WW.

Those entries that do not have the view log link are from before public logs
were available.

Thanks to Davor, 9A1UN, for requesting us to add this to the cqwpx web site.

Request

Please go to the rates page and enter your call.  Confirm that all of your
scores show up.  If not, please let me know.

We used two different systems to check the logs and calculate the rates.
The connector is your callsign.  There is a chance that callsigns with a
portable may not match.  We would appreciate your assistance in making sure
the data is complete and correct.

73

Randy, K5ZD