Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 qualifications criterias? Any new thoughts or

To: "Martin, LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 qualifications criterias? Any new thoughts or ideas?
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 07:03:16 +0300
I indeed like the idea - and have proposed the same. In general, no need to
use three years to determine who are the deserving operators... This can be
decided in fewer events 1-2.

Kari, Sweden has a lot more than  15-20 persons working contest.

Http://ssa.se/hfcup

http://www.sactest.net/blog/statistics/

(Sweden has around 100-150 logs per leg (CW/SSB) depending on year,
propagation and marketing of SAC.

But, yes I agree, maybe 15-20 would be seriously interested in qualifying.

The RRTC format in Russia is very nice, and antennas can be more simple
than that. The more interesting would be to define a certain max quality of
antenna building materials and other stuff.

1 glasfiber mast 18 m
2 glasfiber masts 12 m
X meter coaxial cable
X meter insulated copper wire
1 generator

( can be even less amount)

6 hours of preparation before contest

Multi Single operation instead of M2 (which indeed is not all that
stimulating for team effort).

The event can be organized three years in a row by National Ham Radio
organisations in different countries of the existing WRTC qualifying
regions. Great reason to travel short distances and meet before and after
the event in a Field Day environment event!

A far more superiour and fair selection system than the present one that is
based on super stations and favouring those with big wallets rather than
operating skills.

It would also be three great qualifying events which can be used for
marketing of contests and Ham-Radio as such, with possibility for
interested hams and future hams, casually interested  + media to follow
live.

How difficult can it be to realize that the existing WRTC qualifying system
is a dying dinosaur, far away from interesting event than for those with
BIG stations or great locations?

And as Martin so well expresses, the Fair Play component is not to
underestimate...

73 de Mats RM2D