Re: [CQ-Contest] 2022 WRTC Thoughts

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2022 WRTC Thoughts
From: Jorge Taboada <ea9lz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:45:37 +0000
Dear Mike.

I am not an wrtc expert, to be honest, I do contest because I love contest, no
because wrtc.... but I understand people like you, would like to go to wrtc but
found many obstacles to qualifiying.

Under my personal opinion, wrtc must change many rules, I will give you only
few, which I think are not very crazy.

First, previous registration as a team, TL and Tm, with 2 possible reserved
guys, because something can happen during qualifying period.

Second. all the team must TX from Tent or a qth where they can have only
portable antennas as spiderbeam and wire for 40 and 80, maximum power 100watts.
absolutely forbiden original qth.

Third. both operators can work during all the contest, something similar as a
multi 2 operators. CW and SSB

fourth, all the contests must created an speciall category. WRTC qualifiying,
so all logs for wrtc will published on this new category.

Finally, the team did previous registration, is the team that will be in WRTC,
no way to change.... except with one of those reserved guys, for major reason.

this is a real Olimpyc wrtc qualifying, or, as fifa world cup qualification. I
think is the way that all the competitors will have the same oportunitly.

73s
Jorge Taboada Pareja,  EA9LZ  ED9Z EF9R  CN2R 5E5E
P.O.BOX 530
51001 CEUTA, SPAIN
www.giraldatop.com<http://www.giraldatop.com/>