Re: [CQ-Contest] 2022 WRTC Thoughts

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2022 WRTC Thoughts
From: "Richard F. DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 00:31:30 -0400
I have no idea how you;re going to quantify what constitutes a "super/mega" station or how that is somewhat necessarily a guarantee that a person would or would not be a more likely person to qualify.  In fact, we had at least two NA team leaders that qualified that are known to be predominantly low power station operators.

I honestly think the qualification rules for Germany as well as the team distribution allocation was pretty fair.

Good contesters are good contesters but, to the man (or woman), the contesters at Lutherstadt Wittenberg were world-class contesters.  A "good" contester who happens to do decently in some events is going to face a huge hill when competing against some of the talent that I saw and helped supervise.  Each person should seriously consider if they believe themselves to be a "good" contester or a world-class contester.  Sounds elitist, but so too are the Olympic games.

73 Rich NN3W