Re: [CQ-Contest] It's time for an Assisted category in NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] It's time for an Assisted category in NAQP
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 18:18:37 -0700
On 8/11/2018 6:25 AM, Steve Lott wrote:
Sounds more like the Multi rule needs changing to allow for single seat
multiple operator SO2R operation. Such operations are a great way to have
SO2R training sessions with developing contesters. Then one person can
choose to be a multi and work assisted if they wish.

I strongly agree with this, and for a LOT of contests, and for the same reasons. Over the years, I've invited guys to multi-op at my station, which is pretty well equipped, for purposes of mentoring, and to encourage their contesting activity. I like to work SO2R, but for most contests, especially DX contests, this pushes me into M/M or M/U if I work SO2R and my guest only works a single radio.

73, Jim K9YC