Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:34:45 -0300
I am not a lawyer-but pretty sure this is against the rules in most contests
(soliciting QSO's outside and during the competition)

Anyways. we should all be asking ourselves what was the motivation of
posting this video in real time VS. waiting until after the log submittal
deadline!? (ie: If I was DX and thought *MAYBE* I worked W2RE, but wasn't
sure, I could always review the video(log scrubbing) (or watch it in real
time-cheating; doesn't take place on the air).

As for Ray advertising for RHR.maybe/maybe not.that doesn't impact directly
on his score per se, so I don't care about that.

I'm not against Social Media..I'm on there I have learned lots about some of
you and love the interaction between us, but I don't think it belongs in a
radio COMPETITON/contest.

Shouldn't Radiosport events be limited to ON-AIR interactions?  (or is it
now an Internet-Radio competition?)

Let's review the rules shall we?  Who's up for that?

BTW, I am all for RHR and what Ray is doing. I understand he's a good guy,
doing good work, providing a good service for pay.  My comments are strictly
about the competition itself and rules.

MIKE VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB