Re: [CQ-Contest] Alfred A Laun, III K3ZO SK

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Alfred A Laun, III K3ZO SK
From: ON5ZO - OQ5M <ON5ZO@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 08:32:29 +0000
ZO’s are a special breed no doubt. Unfortunately not immortal. RIP OM Fred.
Apart from showing up in my log 274 times over the course of 20 years, I’ll
always remember Fred K3ZO because:
- He was always there;
- He was always frikkin’ LOUD;
- He spoke calmly but FIRMLY and sent at moderate WPM.
- He’s a Zulu Oscar.

K3ZO was about our only shot at the USA multiplier in Region 1 CW fieldday on
80/160. I always told my fellow FD ops: if K3ZO calls in on 40, try to move him
to 80/160 because hardly anyone else will be there. Sometimes it worked,
sometimes it didn’t. But Fred was always there.
73 to all.
Franki ON5 Zulu Oscar