[ct-user] Network question

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Network question
From: cady@mainman.ee.montana.edu (Fred Cady)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:18:04 -0600
At 06:26 PM 8/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, you guys with CT network experience, a question for you.
>

>Will a "full" null modem cable between the computers, along with
>setting up hardware flow control on the COMTSRs (-RTS command line
>switch), yeild any improvements?  The errors we experience don't seem
>to be related to network speed, as they occur at 1200 baud.  The
>serial ports use 16550 UARTS.

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty sure that when I was corresponding with Ken about the -loop
option that he told me that the software does not use any of the RTS/CTS
flow control so hooking those signal up and making the UART look at them
would only stop traffic if there was a hardware problem like one computer
not being on or something.

73, Fred KE7X

Fred Cady (ieefc@msu.oscs.montana.edu)
Department of Electrical Engineering