[ct-user] CT 9.39 and Band Map

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.39 and Band Map
From: NB1B@aol.com (NB1B@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:52:39 EST
At K1XM MM we used CT 9.39 with no problems at all.  The only computer reboots
that I can recall where to take care of RFI problems- CT and our Ethernet
network performed flawlessly.

I see that a number of people are having problems with the band map.  I did
have a problem with it, but that was solved by reading the manual.  To help
those use it, I went over how to use the Announce Window and then how to use
the Band Map.

Announce Window:
1. <Alt A> toggles the announce window.
2. <Ctrl Rt Arrow> puts you into the window to select a spot.
3. <Up/Down Arrows> lets you select your spot.
4. <Enter> then puts the spot into the logging line.
5. <ESC> at any time gets you out of the window and back to the logging line.

Band Map
1. <Alt ,> toggles the Band Map Window.
2. <Alt Rt Arrow> puts you into the window to select a spot.
3. <Up/Down Arrow> lets you select an entry in the window.
4. <Enter> puts your selection onto the logging line.
5. <ESC> at any time gets you out of the window and back to the logging line.

If I use the Band map as above (and notice the correlation with how the
Announce Window is used), it has worked correctly every time.  If I bring up
the Band Map by using <Alt Rt Arrow> without using the <Alt ,> I have found
that I have problems, i.e. the <Enter> key stops functioning.  I have also
found that if I enter the band map, there usually won't be a station where the
radio frequency is, i.e. the red band has no callsign in it.  If I press the
<Enter> key without selecting a station, I will get garbage on the logging
line.  To recap, display the window, enter the window, select the station,
then either use <Enter> to put it on the logging line or <ESC> to get out of
the window.  Hope everyone had a ball this past weekend.

Dennis NB1B