[ct-user] CT 9.39 and Band Map

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.39 and Band Map
From: Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:02:17 -0500
Yes, this describes what appears to be a work-around.  But it is only a
work-around.  I will try this method during ARRL SSB (and before!)
Better that it be more intuitive and idiot (me) proof!

In general, it seems that the Band Map retains focus when it is not
visible and in some other cases which it should not.

Preferred operational example (per instructions below):
ALT-COMMA show BM.  Then ALT-RTARROW puts Focus on BM.  Then <ENTER>
chooses highlighted/selected entry.  Fine.

Common occurrences (for me, anyway):
ALT-COMMA show BM.  Then ALT-RTARROW puts Focus on BM.  Then ALT-T
(packet) puts cursor in Talk window.  You type message.  At this point
<ENTER> picks the BM entry instead of sending the message.

or:

ALT-COMMA show BM.  Then ALT-RTARROW puts Focus on BM.  Then, attention
broken, start typing in log (the cursor has been flashing in the
callsign field all along - inviting one to type).  You type a callsign,
<TAB> to RST, <TAB> to Power, enter power.  At this point <ENTER> picks
the BM entry and obliterates the QSO.  Oops.

Mike N2MG