[ct-user] DVP Help

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP Help
From: na2na@earthlink.net (William Liporace)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:33:44 -0500
Sorry to take this up in so many places, but I need help! I had a turn of
events and decided to try to get into the contest. I was thinking that
packet to my local node was going to be my problem, but now it is my DVP. I
have two PCs,  They are both decent working machines. I have DOS 6.22 loaded
on a hard drive. I have TR and CT loaded on the drive. The DVP board is
jumpered to IRQ 5.

Here is my software setup:

CT
comtsr1
comtsr2
dvptsr -i5
CT setup to run. Start Ct and have tried OPON and ONAIR to turn on the DVP,
but nothing seems to get it working. No spinning curser, no indication that
it is working. The packet and radio work just fine.

TR
dvptsr -i5
TR set to run. I used the Ctl-K to turn on and off the DVP. I can see the
program recording, but it will net send a CQ out (it is what I tried to
record). The packet and radio work just fine.

I really would like to get on the air, but the DVP will make it a lot
easier. I can tell you I have torn apart my station trying to fix this. Any
ideas??

William Liporace NA2NA
763 Huntingdon Drive
Niskayuna, NY 12309