[ct-user] Wish LIST

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Wish LIST
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:08:30 +0000
Sante,

I must be missing something.

Why is this so important?   Please explain.

Contest checking software and the upcoming logbook of the world has a
wide time window for cross checks.

Is it really so important that you can confirm that you made 5
contacts in one minute?

Why burden the rest of us with the added field size in the ADIF file?

If you are making so many contacts surely you are using a computer.
Finding any particular contact in the log should be easy -- regardless
of whether seconds are present or not.

Why is the exact order of the QSO's so important?

What time should be entered? Should it be the beginning of the QSO,
end or QSO or what?  What time is entered by the other stations
software?

What about merged logs from multi's which probably have QSO's occuring
at the same second.  What is the correct order for those QSO's?  Do we
need seconds and decimal seconds too?  Keep in mind all computer
clocks in a multi computer station end up with different wrong times
as the contest proceeds.

In the old days of paper logs, I remember seeing logs of many
super-ops that entered time only every 10 or so QSO's!

73 de Brian/K3KO