[ct-user] What a deal!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] What a deal!
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Mar 11 16:41:43 2003
Guys, I'm an old DOS man ( who turned 65 today ) and I needed a
motherboard with at least 2 ISA slots. Found one at Tigerdirect, but
no CPU for it. ( Has 3 ISA and 4 PCI slots.

One of our local bandits, Delta Electronics, is my favorite source of
toys, so I called and was told no way I could order a PII or PIII cpu.
BUT, Dave also mentions he had a bunch of used Compaq PII's and PIII's
selling for $100 and $129 respectively.

So, I take my new MB, haul off, and take the PIII out of one, install
it in my MB, and it took off like a champ. PII=400 Mhz and the
PIII=600.

Now for the good part. Each machine has a 8+MB hard drive, 1 floppy, 1
cdrom, a sound card, 2 usb ports, 2 comm ports, 1 lpt port, 64 MB of
memory, regular keyboard and mouse inputs, video card, and 2!!! ISA
slots. 3 PCI slots. Cases are the flat type.

In other words, hook a monitor to it and it should take off. 30 day
guarantee. It's going to become the 3rd machine in the shack,
dedicated to DOS only. with switchable monitors.

Dave is also a FEDEX shipper. If you are interested, it's
770-579-1212.

Don't embarrass him by calling him "Baldy"

FYI
73 Ed