Re: [ct-user] Lockups and Band change problems

To: "John Meyer" <jmeyer@ticon.net>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Lockups and Band change problems
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:51:45 -0500
At 2/24/2005 11:20 AM, John Meyer wrote:
>In trying to set up CT 10.02.003 in my desktop (800 mHz machine) and laptop
>(70 mhz) I've run into two different problems:
>
>1)       On the main computer DOS CT locks up during setup of the
>Information Sheet after 18-24 keystrokes (it varies).  I have to use Windows
>to close the program.

If you have to use Windows to close the program, you are not using DOS.  DOS CT
runs in DOS, not in a shell within Windows.  If you have any Windows except XP
or later, then you have to boot into DOS.  Check the archives for dual booting
an XP machine.

>2)       On my laptop, setup goes OK, but when I try to enter calls, no
>matter what band I've set up, when I hit enter CT logs it as 20M.

Do you have a radio setup?  If you setup a radio and don't have one connected,
then you will usually have a problem.  Have you tried typing in a frequency,
like 21010 or 7040?

>I was hoping to use CT for the ARRL contest, but maybe I'll have to go back
>to the version I used to use - 9.36.  That worked well for me even on
>DXpedition with my 70 mHz laptop.

There shouldn't be any reason not to use it.  Works find on my 486 machine.