Re: [ct-user] Lockups and Band change problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Lockups and Band change problems
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 02:40:44 +0000
At 16:20 2005-02-24, John Meyer wrote:
>In trying to set up CT 10.02.003 in my desktop (800 mHz machine) and laptop
>(70 mhz) I've run into two different problems:
>1)       On the main computer DOS CT locks up during setup of the
>Information Sheet after 18-24 keystrokes (it varies).  I have to use Windows
>to close the program.

Apparently this is a problem since the introduction of version 10.  While I
would never operate a CW contest with CT running in a DOS window (keying gets
messed up, if nothing else), with version 9 I could "run" CT in the DOS window
for purposes of entering the setup parameters before the contest, etc. -- thus
avoiding the lengthy process of closing Windows, rebooting to DOS, doing the
pre-contest CT setup, closing DOS, and rebooting Windows.  As John has noted,
this is no longer possible because of the glitch he reports above.   I
understand that there's no "guarantees" about CT for DOS running in a DOS
window, but it sure was convenient back in version 9.  (Hint, hint....)

Bud, W2RU